Think that kids are the only ones at risk for cavities? Think again. Adults, especially over the age of 35, lose teeth all the time to gum disease and cavities.
Luckily, you can keep your teeth healthy and strong when you practice good brushing and flossing habits and when you visit your dentist for a periodic check-up. At Dental Associates, PC, your oral health is our first concern. With a little help from us, you’ll have every reason to smile!
Dental Help You Can Trust
One of the most important jobs a dentist can do is educate his or her patients about how to have healthy teeth. When you visit us for your check-up, we’ll teach you proper oral hygiene tips so your teeth stay white and cavity-free. And our children’s dentist is excellent with kids and can help your children learn great oral health habits early.
Here are a few tips to get you started.
Use these tips to get the most out of your brushing:
- Brush in the morning and evening and, when possible, after meals.
- Replace your toothbrush frequently—about once a month.
- Gently brush your teeth using circular motions. Don’t push too hard, or you’ll damage your gums.
Don’t forget to ask your dentist for additional brushing tips.
To floss effectively, use these tips:
- Use about 18” of floss so you have plenty of clean floss to use for each tooth.
- Remember, there are two sides to each tooth—floss both!
- Gently floss beneath the gumline to remove plaque and debris.
- After flossing, remember to rinse! Flossing knocks away plaque, but if it just sits in your mouth, it will fall right back onto your teeth.
As you perfect your technique, you’ll have fresher breath, a whiter smile, and healthier teeth.
A Professional Cleaning for a Healthy Smile
In addition to brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily, you should have a professional cleaning at least twice a year. Your dentist can clean your teeth thoroughly and remove plaque and tartar buildup. Even the best brushers and flossers benefit from a regular dental check-up.
Schedule your cleaning and consultation today! Call our Des Moines, IA, office at West Des Moines Office Phone Number 515-225-6742.